-------------------------------------

No flash player!

It looks like you don't have flash player installed. Click here to go to Macromedia download page.

Powered by Flash MP3 Player -----------------------------------
Elvis Presley - Bl...

Friday, May 18, 2007

Was it fair for Melinda to go?....The debate continues


Was it fair for Melinda to go? Is American Idol contest a singing contest or a personality or a beauty contest? The debate continues.........

What others are saying:

1) "There are many people complaining that American Idol is a singing competition and that Melinda should have beat out Blake for this reason.

I just wanted to say that American Idol, although it claims to be, is NOT a singing competition.

I made the respose to someone in one of my posts that if this were a singing competition and only a singing competition, then the contestants would be placed behind a shadow screen, with a mic stand, and never have to move...only sing. Then we would judge based on the person's singing skills.

This is not what American Idol is! American Idol is an entertainment competition. We pick our favorites based not only on singing, but on performance, personality, uniqueness, and obviously looks. You may hate that it is like this, but you take part in it too. That's just how it goes. If the contestant has an amazing voice, but lacks any personality or performance skills...America will send that person home!

The whole package is what the majority of America wants. What Blake lacks in singing, he makes up for in all other areas, and that is why he is still there. And Jordin is wonderful and I think she goes without saying.

You can bring up Ruben and Fantasia, but all I can say is where are they now? Yeah, I don't know either.

Taylor Hicks won last year because of his dancing, personality, and uniqueness (that grey hair!). He was a good singer too, but I think it should be obvious by now that this is not JUST a "singing competition"."

2) "I agree completely! The judges do say it's a singing competition. They also comment on what clothes they wear and how their hair looks. They also talk about being unique and having the IT factor. Popularity plays a small part in this too. People will vote for their favorite competitor until they're no longer in the running. I admit that I don't normally vote, but I did vote over 70 times on charity night. If I were to vote, it would be based on different factors...not the singing alone. I'd be bored to death if a contestant got up there and sang the perfect song with no movements or emotions. Heck even Simon has commented on how you've gotta have the whole package.

Just a lil tidbit of my own, but I'm glad they've stopped all the drama on the show. They were getting too carried away with all the crap and dissing the "bad" auditions. I find it much more enjoyable to watch a serious competition without all the mockery.

3) "How do you define "personality" and "performance skill" anyway? Doesn't Melinda possess both of these plus her God-sent voice? What does Fantasia have that Melinda does not have? If this is not a singing contest why did the judges keep reminding the contestants and all viewers about this? Who have the final say about what American Idol should be, the judges or the untrained voters?"

4) "Wow! I was really floored at first. then I started thinking about it. Melinda is the only one that probably does not have teeny boppers voting for her. I mean Jordin is a teenager and all teenagers or tweens want to be like her or want her to win. Then all the teens and tween think Blake is cute as anything. So the teeny/tweeny vote is gone to them. All of the adults are voting for one of the three Melinda, blake or Jordin, so that vote is split 3 ways. That means Melinda went home this week. I am still happy.

for the first time I am happy with any of the final three winning. I think all 3 of them will go very far. I don't know who I think will win. I guess it just depends on there performances on the finale night. They both are so different from each other and both are very good in my opinion."

5) "That's quite right! All the teeny boppers who voted for Sanjaya a few weeks ago are now voting for Blake and may be Jordin as well. I can't imagine girls of say 10 to 15 years voting for Melinda, can you?"

6) " was quite shocked, thought melinda would be able to compete in the finals. maybe all the girls were voting for blake or something hehe. but that's ok, it's just the beginning of melinda's career, no? she's already proven that she is a great singer, regardless whether she wins american idol or not"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting us post about our favorite singer. Without this site, it would be really difficult to share the latest news about them.

FREE SONG FROM AMERICAN IDOL'S MELINDA DOOLITTLE! GO TO www.melindadoolittle.com and get it NOW - FREE! New album released on February 3, 2009! Don't miss it!

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home