-------------------------------------

No flash player!

It looks like you don't have flash player installed. Click here to go to Macromedia download page.

Powered by Flash MP3 Player -----------------------------------
Elvis Presley - Bl...

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

American Idol 2012: What Should the Top 4 Sing?


News from AmericanIdolnet.com.

This week on American Idol 2012, The Top 4 will be singing songs from California bands and songs they wish they had written.


Since I have no idea what the Idols wishes are, I’ll just be suggesting songs from bands out of California.

Phillip Phillips,”Pumped Up Kicks,” by Foster the People. I could hear Phillip putting his acoustic spin on this current hit and doing a great job with it. I’m picking this for Phillip only because I think he needs to do something current. I’d much rather hear him sing something from the 1960s California scene like The Doors or Buffalo Springfield. OK, I change my mind, I pick “Light My Fire” by The Doors.

Hollie Cavanagh, “Rhiannon,” by Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac has its origins planted all over the place, including Los Angeles County, California. So the incarnation of the band most people know today kind of qualifies as a California band. So I’d love to hear Hollie take on a Stevie Nicks classic like “Rhiannon.”

Jessica Sanchez, “Don’t Stop Believin” by Journey. Or something by Journey. I’m a little over “Don’t Stop Believin” thanks to Glee, but there’s not enough Journey on Idol. I think Jessica could handle some Steve Perry-like vocals. And it would give Randy Jackson a good chance to mention that he played bass for Journey.

Joshua Ledet, “Dance to the Music,” by Sly and the Family Stone. This would be the perfect song for Joshua. Now’s the time for him to do something energetic and powerful at the same time. It’s time to chill out on the screechy ballads for a week, if he wants to edge out one of the remaining girls and make it to the finale.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home